Hey Sparkles! Happy Friday! For today’s Family Friday blog post, I am posting about a few ideas of things to do for a staycation if you don’t want to go anywhere on a vacation.
- Connect with nature. Lots of places have nature trails.
- Play all day. Go try out different parks and find which playground in your area you like the best. My favorite is Clark Park.
- Take a ride. Dust off your bikes and ride, even if it is just around the cul-de-sac.
- Enjoy the river. If you live in a river community, it’s easy to take it for granted. Spring break is the perfect time to reconnect with the natural wonder by going for a local boat cruise, renting a paddle boat or canoe, or spending the afternoon fishing. If your family has a boat, dig it out of winter storage and take it for a spin.
- Explore your creativity. Try doing some artwork.
- Plan a movie-a-thon. Some kid-friendly movies might be some of these.
- Make some crafts. Google is a wonderful place for inspiration.
- Take a tour. Many restaurants offer behind-the-scenes kitchen tours, that you can see what it is like in the kitchen of your favorite restaurant.
- Try new food. Who knows, maybe you will like eggplant. If you need recipes, I suggest checking out Cook the Sparkles Way! A Kid-Friendly Allergy-Free Cookbook on Amazon.
- Visit several local water parks. Try out all the waterslides.
Well, that’s all for today, Sparkles. Have a great staycation! Thanks for reading, and Sparkles away!