Hey Sparkles! Happy Friday! For today’s Family Friday blog post, I am writing about my favorite recipe from my new diet, turkey balls. These make great lunch foods for on the go, because they can be eaten hot or cold. I could literally live off of turkey balls for a week!
Turkey Balls Ingredients:
- 1/4 lb Bacon, or 2 cups real Bacon Bits
- 1 lb Ground Turkey/Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green Onions (optional)
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roughly chop bacon and put in food processor.
- Process until bacon resembles ground meat.
- Add ground meat, sage, and garlic powder to food processor and mix until combined.
- Form balls either by hand or with a 2 tbsp cookie scoop.
- Cook for 20 mins on baking sheet.
- Let rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
These turkey balls can also be made with chicken. At that point, they are called Chicken Balls.
Now, let me give you another of my favorite recipes. This one is for meat loaf.
- 2 lbs of ground meat
- 1/2 cup dried onions
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper (Optional)
- 1/2 cup of ground pork rinds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients by hand in bowl.
- Put mixture in loaf pan.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes until done through.
Well, that’s all I have for today, Sparkles. This week I am at Gardner Webb University doing their Honors Experience Summer Camp. (I am writing this ahead of time, so I can’t say how it is going, but I’m really excited for it!) The two classes I will be taking are forensic science and psychology of relationships. I love the titles of the classes: Bones, Bodies, and Bugs and Fatal Attractions. Be sure to keep following my adventures in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for reading, and Sparkles away!!!