Google Doodle Contest
Hey, all you Sparkles who are Kindergarten – 12th Grade! Google has decided to host a Google doodle contest. The theme of this contest is “What Inspires Me?”
Who can enter the Google Doodle contest?
Any student in Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade who wishes to enter the contest may enter.
What are the groups the judging is divided into?
There are five groups of judging, which are the grade groups:
What are the levels of winning and the prizes?
Fifty-Three State and Territory Winners
The Guest Judges and Google Doodlers will select the best doodle from each of the 50 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and Guam as the State and Territory Winners. These 53 State and Territory Winners will be displayed in an online gallery on the Doodle 4 Google website.
Five National Finalists
For a period of 14 days prior to May 18, 2018, the U.S. public will vote for their favorite doodle from the 53 State and Territory Winners. These votes will help determine the National Finalists.
One National Winner
A panel of Google executives will choose one of the five National Finalists and announce the National Winner the first week of June.
Learn more about what the 2018 winners and finalists will receive on the prizes page.
When is the entry period?
January 8th, 2018 – March 2nd, 2018.
Where do I go to enter/mail the entries to?
If you wish to enter online, here is the link to the online entries.
However, if you wish to mail entries to the contest judges, the addresses are:
For regular U.S. mail
Doodle 4 Google
PO Box 510337
New Berlin, WI 53151
For overnight mail
Doodle 4 Google, Promotions Department
5000 South Towne Drive
New Berlin, WI 53151
How do I enter the Google doodle contest?
Read the how it works page here.
- Download or print the entry form.
Artists create their doodles using any materials they want.
- Doodle description – Write an artist statement to tell us a bit more about what you have drawn and how it represents something that inspires you.
- Fill out the rest of the required information and sign the entry form.
- Enter the contest.
- Entry form doodles: If the doodle is created directly on our entry form, you can either upload them to our site as a .jpg or .png (visit the enter tab) or mail them in (address listed on the enter tab).
- Detached doodles: If the doodle wasn’t created directly on our entry form, take a high res digital photo or scan of the doodle in good lighting and combine it with the entry form.
That’s all you have to do, Sparkles. Oh, and get your parent’s permission. Please by all means comment below and tell me you have entered the contest. Hey, go vote in my poll about the government shutdown on Facebook. Also, go read the post about must-see movies this year here.