How to make a Tinkerbell costume using tulle
Hey Sparkles, how are you doing today? I am going to tell you how to make a cute Tinkerbell Halloween costume. I made mine for an American girl doll, but you can adjust the size to fit a baby, child, tween, teen, or even adult. Here goes, and I hope my instructions are clear and understandable to you.
Tinkerbell Costume Materials:
- Green Fabric – 2 Yards should be plenty
- Green Tulle – 1 Roll
- Straight pins
- Green thread
- White Pom-poms – You will need two of these for the shoes
- Sewing machine
- Pencil or pen
- Pencil Sharpener
- Sharp cloth scissors
- Paper scissors
- Pattern – Download here
Tinkerbell Costume Procedure:
- Download the pattern and resize according to your needs.
- Cut out pattern pieces on paper and outline onto the backside of the fabric.
- Cut out the pieces from fabric. You will need to cut out nine leaves at whatever size you have.
- Layer the leaves side by side, in a weaving fashion. Do one over, one under.
- Pin the leaves together in the position you have laid them.
- Sew tops of leaves together, taking out the pins as you go.
- Pin and sew a doubled over piece of tulle over the top of the shirt.
- Make artistic cuts up the tulle to look like leaves.
- Cut out the shirt pattern from paper, again resizing as necessary.
- Outline the pattern pieces onto the fabric and cut out.
- Sew the edges of the shirt pieces together inside out.
- Cut down the center of the shirt back.
- Sew Velcro onto the shirt, adjusting for size as necessary.
- Sew the sides of the panties inside out, then flip and put on.
- Ta-Da! You are done with the Tinkerbell costume!
I hope you liked this post, Sparkles. Tell me about it in the comments. If you’re new here, subscribe to my email list here and check out my most recent post: Can you Bring Your Bible to School? Sparkles Away!!!
– The Sparkler